1. All researchers keep current in their field by reading scientific journals. From these journals they gather information already known about their area of interest so that they don't " re-invent the wheel". They also learn about new techniques and new technology.
What might a researcher learn from scientific journals about the scenarios described above?
2. Why do you think human studies are more reliable with placebos and the double-bind technique?
3. Daphnia ? (Higher concentration of seawater will affect the survivial of Daphnia)
- What will happen to the distribution of estuarine freshwater organisms if the building of a dam upstream reduces the flow of freshwater into the esturary?
- What impact would the construction of a highway have on the living organisms and salinity of an esturary, if it closes the esturay's opening to the ocean?
- What changes in the distribution of organisms are likely to occur in estuaries during an El Nino year. Think of all the possible effects the increase in rainfall had on the forces that affect the distribution of organisms in the esturary (e.g., river flow, water runoff from cities and fields, tides, etc.).
Scientists might learn how to ask a relevant question. By reading papers, scientist will know what questions are still not understood in the field. If a scientist doesn't read scientific journals, scientists might not know that a question has already been answered.
Scientists might learn an easier way to address a research question. There are new technologies that can be helpful in addressing a question. Also scientists can learn the limitations of a particular technology in researching a question. Scientific journals teach scientists what techniques ...
Research methods and freshwater organisms are examined in the solution. The impact on constructions of a highway on living organisms and salinity of an estuary is determined.
Earth, stars, and humanity's search for extraterrestrial intelligence.
Hello I'm of need with patrs A, C & D. Please make them at least 400 words each. I have done B, E & F. but after this help I'll also need to make a 20-25 slide powerponit which I will do.
a. Describe the properties of life on Earth. (400 words)
b. Examine the possibilities of extraterrestrial life in our solar system. Where and how might life be possible? (NOT THIS ONE)
c. Describe the types of stars that could have life-bearing planets. (400 words)
d. Outline humanity's search for extraterrestrial intelligence. (400 words)
e. Explain how the science of astronomy is being validated, updated, and perfected by continuous astronomical research, and how you relate this to speculation about extraterrestrial life (NOT THIS ONE)View Full Posting Details