1. What type of organism gave rise to land plants?
A. Green Algae
2. What structures conserve water allowing plants to live on land?
4. What do seedless, vascular plants need for sexual reproduction?
5. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of bryophytes.
A. less than 20 centimeters tall (8 in)
B. have leaf like, stem like and root like parts that don't contain xylem or phloem
C. they can dry out then revive with moisture
D. they have rhizoids, which are elongated cells or thread like structures that attach gametophytes to the soil and serve as absorptive structures
E. The produce almost microscopic flowers
6. What structure freed the seed plants on land from their dependence on water for fertilization?
B. Pollen Grains
7. Which of the following is NOT a group of seedless vascular plants.
A. whisk ferns
8. What is the primary characteristic of angiosperms.
A. They produce seeds
B. They have vascular tissue
C. They produce flowers
D. They depend on light for photosynthesis
9. Which of the following is an angiosperm?
10. Does the haploid or the diploid phase dominate in the life cycle of angiosperms?
Multiple choice question in General Biology
a. develop from spores and produce gametes.
B. are the dominant phase in the life cycle of most terrestrial plants.
C. are the haploid stage of the plant life cycle.
D. reproduce sexually.
In which of the following groups is the sporophyte dependent on the gametophyte?
A. supplies food for the developing sporophyte.
B. becomes the young embryo.
C. is specialized tissue found only in the male reproductive system.
D. is part of the zygote.
Which of these structures is not contained within a pine seed?
B. Seed coat
C. Pollen grain
D. Female gametophyte
Which of these groups are still dependent on water for the transport of sperm?
D. All of these choices
Which of the following features was responsible for the gymnosperms and angiosperms radiating into nearly all high and dry habitats?
A. The development of vascular tissue.
B. The development of alternation of generations.
C. Development of pollen.
D. Dominance of the sporophyte generation.
The only plants that posses flowers are the:
B. Seed plants
D. All of the above
Double fertilization produces the:
A. Seed / new sporophyte
B. embryo sac