I Do males engage in cryptic (hidden) mate choice? Ideas for finding some journal articles and other literature on the topic are included.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:58 pm ad1c9bdddf
It's very hard to find literature about cryptic male choice. It's a rather new concept and people is just turning to study the effect of male on mate choice. Sometimes it's easier to find litherature on sperm allocation that is basically the same as crytic male choice.
The Bonduriansky paper is an excellent review for male choice in general, ...
Research help with the topic of cryptic male choice is provided. The cryptic male choices in sex are examined.
Attraction, Friendlessness and Flirtatiousness - Series of Psych Questions
1. In a study of widow birds, the length of males' tail feathers was artificially altered. The result was that alterations had no effect on the number of nests within each male's territory; unaltered males had the most nests in their territories, followed by shortened and then extended males; extended males had the most nests in their territories, followed by unaltered and then shortened males; OR shortened males had the most nests in their territories, followed by unaltered and then extended males?
2. When college students were randomly paired for a dance, and then asked how much they would like to date their dance partner, their responses were primarily determined by the partner's intelligence; attractiveness; friendliness; OR flirtatiousness?
3. Standards of attractiveness of female body size vary among cultures; vary among historical eras; seem to involve a constant waist-to-hip ratio across cultures; OR all 3?
4. It is generally true that people who live far apart tend to find one another more attractive; opposites attract; people with similar characteristics and interests are attached to one another; OR people who differ on some critical dimension, such as skill in sports, are attracted to one another?
5. Bob is attracted to Louise, a woman in his class. Research suggests that if he wants Louise to be attracted to him, he should what? Is it play up the way in which they differ from each other; express similar interests to hers; exclaim his love for her in class; OR be coy and ignore her?
6. Evolutionary theorists argue that women should be more discriminating than men in choosing sexual partners because our cultural norms dictate that women should be more reticent in sexual matters than men; there is more variability in the reproductive potential of men than in the reproductive potential of women; women have learned that men cannot always be trusted to fulfill their parental responsibilities; OR a woman's biological investment in children is greater than a man's?View Full Posting Details