2. Give a functional definition of a eukaryotic gene. Please include all parts of a eukaryotic gene and what the function of each element is. Which parts of a newly synthesized eukaryotic mRNA molecule do not transmit information for the synthesis of protein? Why?
3. What is the difference between a lytic and a lysogenic bacteriophage? How does the AIDS virus infect a eukaryotic cell?
4. Please explain the process of plant transformation using Agrobacterium tumefaciens.
5. How does an integral membrane glycoprotein travel from the ER to the Golgi and from the Golgi to the plasma membrane? What modification goes on to this protein?
6. What is the role of vesicles within early stages of the secretory pathway such as ER to Golgi trafficking? What is the role of the trans-Golgi network (TGN) in the secretory pathway?
7. Please describe the function of post-transcriptional regulation. With this question, you need to discuss a specific example of post-transcriptional regulation.
8. Please discuss, in depth, the mechanism for nuclear transport.
11. Please describe, in depth, the regulation of the lac operon.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 24, 2018, 11:24 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/biology/membrane-transport/cell-biology-157923
This solutions covers a wide variety of material in cell biology ranging from secretion of proteins through the Golgi Apparatus to transport through the nuclear pore complex. The solution also covers HIV infection, lysogeny and lysis in baceteriophage as well as plant transformation by Agrobacterium tumefaciens and the scientific definition of a gene.