Regulation of blood pressure including preload, afterload, hormones, and blood vessel arrangement. This is a Word document (.doc).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 1:13 am ad1c9bdddf
• Blood pressure =cardiac output x peripheral resistance
• Cardiac output=heart rate x stroke volume
• If the others are held constant, *usually an increase in HR will increase blood pressure and an increase in stroke volume will increase pressure
• Stroke volume is affected by preload, afterload, and total volume in the system
• Increased preload increases stroke volume (to a point) via the Frank-Starling law of the ...
Regulation of blood pressure is reviewed.