1. If the original culture contains 5 x 10 ^9 cfu/ml, how many cfu/ml are in each tube? How many colonies are on each plate?
2. If tube C contains 60,000 cfu/ml, how many cfu/ml are in the original culture, how many cfu/ml are in the other tubes, and how many colonies are on each plate?
3. How would you inoculate a plate to obtain a 1:100 dilution?
4. How would you inoculate a plate to obtain a 1:50 dilution?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com May 20, 2020, 3:13 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file.
1. See attachment. For plates the quantity of cfu or colony forming units is the amount of colonies that will form.
2. If C= 5x10^9 cfu/ml and ...
Detailed explanation of how a specific dilution series is made and answers to questions pertaining to it.