In human beings, the gene for red green colorblindness (r) is sex linked and recessive to its allele for normal vision (R), while the gene for freckles (F) is autosomal and dominant over its allele for nonfreckled (f). A nonfreckled, normal visioned woman whose father was freckled and colorblind, marries a freckled, colorblind man whose mother was nonfreckled.
a. What is the genotype of the woman's father?
b. What is the probability that the couple's first child will be a non-freckled, normal visioned girl
c. What is the probability that the first two girls born to the couple will be freckled and colorblind?
d. What is the probability that the first child born to the couple will either be a freckled, colorblind boy or a non freckled, normal visioned girl or a non-freckled, normal visioned boy
e. What is the probability that the first four girls born to the couple will be freckled and normal visioned?
I hope this explanation helps you with your studies.
So, this is a special case, since you have two traits ...
In this solution, I discuss how to determine the outcomes of a two trait cross, one trait being autosomal the other sex-linked. Punnett squares and probability calculations are included.
Cross-Cultural Research Paper
Hi, I need to compose a cross-cultural research paper and I need some assistance understanding the following concepts:
- Describe the culture of interest and explain why this culture interests you, include whether it is a collectivistic or individualistic culture.
- Describe the culture you most identify with and its characteristics, include whether it is a collectivistic or individualistic culture.
- Compare similarities and differences related to time orientation, communication, physical and mental health, group relationships, and perceptions and measures of intelligence between your culture of interest and your own culture.
- Describe a theory that will guide your analysis of both cultures.
- Based on the theory, explain how each culture influences human development, identity development, and personality development within it.
- Based on the theory, explain how each culture influences the expression of emotion, the development of morality, gender, aggression, and one other psychological process within it.
- Explain any biases that may influence your analysis of these cultures and explain why.