1. For a population with µ=50 and σ=10,
A. What is the z-score for X=55, X=60, X=75, X=45, X=30 and X=35?
B. Find the X value that corresponds to each of the following z-scores, z=1.00, z=0.80, z=1.50, z= -0.50, z= -0.30 and z= -1.50.
2. Find the z-score corresponding to a score of X=60 for each of the following distributions.
A. µ=50 and σ=10
B. µ=50 and σ=5
C. µ=70 and σ=20
D. µ=70 and σ=5
3. For a sample with a mean of M=85, a score of X=90 corresponds to z=0.50. What is the sample standard deviation?
4. In a population of exam scores, a score of X=88 corresponds to z=+2.00 and a score of X=79 corresponds to z= -1.00. What is the means for the population? What is the standard deviation for the population?
5. A distribution with a means of µ=38 and a standard deviation of σ=20 is being transformed into a standardized distribution with µ=50 and σ=10. Find the new, standardized score for each of the following values from the original population.
PLEASE SHOW STEP BY STEP HOW YOU SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS.
Step by step method for computing probability based on Z score.