See data is on the attached file.
1. Find the equation of the regression line for the given data.
2. The data below are the final exam scores of 10 randomly selected statistics students and the number of hours they studied for the exam. Find the equation of the regression line for the given data.
3. A manager wishes to determine the relationship between the number of miles (in hundreds of miles) the manager's sales representatives travel per month and the amount of sales (in thousands of dollars) per month. Find the equation of the regression line for the given data.
4. A medical researcher wishes to try three different techniques to lower blood pressure of patients with high blood pressure. The subjects are randomly selected and assigned to one of three groups. Group 1 is given medication, Group 2 is given an exercise program, and Group 3 is assigned a diet program. At the end of six weeks, each subject's blood pressure is recorded. Find the critical value F0 to test the claim that there is no difference among the means. Use ? = 0.05.
5. Four different types of fertilizers are used on raspberry plants. The number of raspberries on each randomly selected plant is given below. Find the critical value F0 to test the claim that the type of fertilizer makes no difference in the mean number of raspberries per plant. ? = 0.01.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
Your ability to explain the limitations of the linear regression method.
Your ability to describe ANOVA and identify when the ANOVA method should be used.
Your ability to describe the correlation analysis and identify when the coefficient of correlation should be calculated.
Your ability to identify when the Least Squares method should
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of regression analysis and one way ANOVA. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included.