1. The shape of data is another indicator. There are four shapes commonly observed: symmetric, positively skewed, negatively skewed, and bimodal. What measure of location can be influenced by skewness?
2. The probability is a chance of occurrence of an outcome. Can the probability of occurrence of one outcome in an experiment be influenced by a prior outcome in the experiment? Please explain your answer with an example.
3. Remember, the probability is the chance of occurrence of an outcome. However, the distribution of the data is relative to the variance or deviation. So, we can calculate the probability of an outcome given the occurrence presented in the data. We can also calculate the variation of the data. Once, we calculate the variation in the data (standard deviation), what does this tell us?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 8:46 pm ad1c9bdddf
(1) Mean (Arithmetic Average) is the measure of location which is greatly affected by skewness. Therefore, for highly
skewed data, the median is the recommended measure of location and not the mean.
(2) Yes, the probability of occurrence of one outcome in an experiment can be influenced by a prior outcome in the ...
Clear description for all the questions is provided.