1. Identify one each of the following data types used in the article above: ordinal, nominal, and ratio.
2. Use MS Excel and information from the Baseball Salaries spreadsheet above to create a single meaningful frequency distribution table with at least 5 separate categories.
3. For each baseball team listed in the workbook, compute the mean, mode, and median salaries. (Excel's mode function is not a good one. It will pick out only one mode even though there might be several in a given team?s data. Use your eyeball to spot all the modes.)
4. What is the probability that each team will pay a player $1,000,000 or more? (For each team, you may identify the numerator (number of successes) and the denominator (number of total possible outcomes) in the probability equation.)
5. If you had to pick one player at random from each of two different teams, what is the probability that they would both be paid $1,000,000 or more? (This is asking for the probability that one player picked from one given team will be paid $1,000,000 or more, AND that one player picked from another given team will also earn that amount.)
This solution analyzes the article and identifies the data types used, provides the frequency distribution table, calculates the mean, mode, and median salaries as well as calculates different probabilities of salaries.
Measurement Scaling and Data Analysis
1. How do you decide if you will use composite scale score or a summated scale score? Justify your decision. How will you measure reliability, validity, and sensitivity? Explain how you will deal with ethical dilemmas during the research process (confidentiality, anonymity, conflicts of interest, informed consent, debriefing, experiments on human subjects, and so forth).
2. Using the survey attached as a document, choose 10 people in your organization to respond to the survey. Before disseminating the surveys, please pre-code the data.
Perform the following:
1. Create a data file using an Excel worksheet.
2. Compute descriptive statistics for the variable(s), and explain the measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion that are most appropriate for your study.
3. Create a pie chart with percentages.
4. Compute a frequency table and histogram for each variable.
5. Decide which measures of central tendency, spread, and graphical display would be most appropriate for the study.
Explain how the data will be analyzed. This section should begin with a brief introduction to the section and a description of the problem. You must also explain how the data will be coded and edited. Provide justification for the descriptive statistics that will be employed in the study. Please do not include data, results, or graphical displays.
The attached questionnaire is completed. I just need some help with setting this up correctly for I have been having issues and need some guidance.View Full Posting Details