A sample of 2,000 licensed drivers revealed the following number of speeding violations.
Number of Violations Number of Drivers
5 or more 5
What is the experiment?
List one possible event?
What is the probability that a particular drive had exactly two speeding violations?
What concept of probability does this illustrate.
A survey of undergraduate students in the School of Business at Northern University revealed the following regarding the gender and majors of the students:
Gender Accounting Management Finance Total
Male 100 150 50 300
Female 100 50 50 200
Total 200 200 100 500
1. What is the probability of selecting a female student?
2. What is the probability of selecting a finance or accounting major?
3. What is the probability of selecting a female or an accounting major? Which rule of addition did you apply?
4. Are gender and major independent? Why?
5. What is the probability of selecting an accounting major, given that the person selected is a male?
6. Suppose two students are selected randomly to attend a lunch with the president of the university What is the probability that both of those selected are accounting majors?
See attached file for full problem description.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 7:53 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution gives step by method to solve two problems in probability. The first problem deals with number of speeding violations and second problem deals with selection of student based on their gender and major.