Please explain in your own words:
1. Define the null hypothesis. If the null hypothesis is rejected then?
2. The level of significance is the?
3. Type II error is committed when?
Please explain and show all calculations.
5. If n=16, mean = 75.76, s = 8.2466 H o: mean >80 H a: mean <80, the standardized test statistic equals?
6. Read the Z statistic from the normal distribution table:
a. A one-tailed test(upper tail) at 87.7% confidence; Z=
b. A two-tailed test at 98.4% confidence; Z=
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of testing of hypothesis. The solution also provides definition of statistical terms such as null hypothesis, type II error and significance level. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included.