4 questions on normal distribution/statistics. See attached file for full problem description.
1. Assuming that the populations follow the normal distribution, that the populations have equal standard deviation, and that the populations are independent, find the critical values for the .05 significance level for 4 treatments and a total of 23 observations.
3. The F distribution is:
a. skewed left c. symmetric
b. skewed right d. proportion to the center
4. Given degrees of freedom, df (5,13)
a. 5 represents degree of freedom for the denominator
b. 13 represents degree of freedom for the denominator
c. 5 represents degree of freedom for the numerator
The solution gives the answers to multiple choice questions from ANOVA and F distribution.
Multiple choice questions:
1. _____ is a procedure for deriving a mathematical relationship, in the form of an equation between a single metric dependent variable and a single metric independent variable.
b. part correlation
c. multiple regression
d. bivariate regression
2. _______ are hypothesis testing procedures that assume that the variables of interest are measured on at least an interval scale.
a. parameter tests
b. parametric tests
c. nonparametric tests
d. none of the above
3. The ______ is a symmetric bell-shaped distribution that is useful for small (n<30) testing.
a. t distribution
b. frequency distribution
c. chi-square distribution
d. F distribution
4. The degrees of freedom for the t statistic to test hypothesis about one mean are _____
b. n - 1
c. n1 + n2
d. n1 + n2 -2
5. The _____ is a statistical test of the equality of the variance of two populations.
a. z test
b. t test
c. paired sample test
d. F test
6. The total variation in y is _____.
7. Which of the following statements in not correct about the alternative hypothesis
a. There is not way to determine whether the alternative hypothesis is true.
b. The alternative hypothesis represents the conclusion for which the evidence is sought.
c. The alternative hypothesis is the opposite of the null hypothesis.
d. None of the statements are correct.
8. Hypothesis tests can be used to relate to:
a. tests of strengths
b. tests of association
c. tests of differences
d. b and c are correct
9. Also know as SSerror, _____ is the variation in Y due to the variation within each of the categories of X. This variation is not accounted for by X.
10. How consumers' intentions to buy a brand vary with different levels of price and different levels of distribution is best analyzed via _____.
a. n-way ANOVA
b. one-way ANOVA
11. Is a statistical procedure for analyzing associative relationships between a metric dependent variable and one or more independent variables.
b. partial correlation coefficient
d. Product movement correlation
12. The degrees of freedom for the t statistic to test hypothesis about two independent samples is __________
b. n - 1
c. n1 + n2
d. n1 + n2 -2
13. Univariate techniques can be classified based on _____.
a. whether the data are metric or nonmetric
b. whether one two, or more than two samples are involved
c. whether interdependence techniques or dependence techniques are to be used
d. a and b are correct
14. A hypothesis test produces a t statistic of t = 2.30. If the researcher is using a two-tailed test with alpha = .05, how large does the sample have to be to reject the null hypothesis?
A. at least n = 8
B. at least n = 9
C. at least n =10
D. at least n = 11
15. _____ occurs when the sample results lead to the rejection of the null hypothesis that is in fact true.
a. Type I error
b. Two-tailed error
c. Type II error
d. One -tailed error