1. In words, explain what is measured by each of the
c. Standard Deviation
2. A population has u=100 & sigma=20. If you select a single score from this population, on the average, how close would it be to the population mean? Explain your answer
3. Can SS ever have a value less than zero? Explain your answer
4. What does it mean for a sample to have a standard deviation of zero? Describe the scores in such a sample.
5. What does it mean for a sample to have a standard deviation of s=5? Describe the scores in such a sample. (describe where the scores are located relative to the sample mean)
This solution explains the statistical concepts of Sum of Squares (SS) , variance, standard deviation and explains how to find a population mean. It also discusses how to find sum of squares and standard deviation.