Please help me indicate which scale these questions should be classified as being assessed on - nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio scale?
1. On a scale of one to seven, where one is extremely uninterested, and seven is very interested; what is your interest in this new idea? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2. Are these days during the week or weekend?
3. How long have you been coming to Dairy Queen? One year Less than five years Ten years More than ten years
4. Are you a male or female?
5. What is your age group? 16-25 26-35 36-45 46+
6. What time of day do you normally come to Dairy Queen? Morning Afternoon Night
7. Do you utilize the drive-thru or dining area more? Drive-thru Dining area
8. How often do you visit Dairy Queen? Once a week Once a month Every other month Once a year
9. If Dairy Queen's drive-thru was open 24 hours, would you visit Dairy Queen more? Y N
First, we need to know the difference among 4 scales.
The nominal scale: categorical (measured by non-numbers) without order
The ordinal scale: categorical with order
The interval scale: quantitative (measured by numbers) with order
The ratio scale: quantitative without order
So the answers are:
1.On a scale of one to seven, where one is extremely uninterested, and seven is very interested; what is your interest in this new idea? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
- It is the interval ...
The solution discusses if the questions on the scale are nominal, ordinal, interval or ratio.