1. Determine whether the given value is a statistic or a parameter and explain.
In a study of all 4171 students at a college it is found that 25% own a television.
2. Determine whether the value is from a discrete or continuous data set.
Number of notes in a song 24.
3. Determine whether the given description corresponds to an observational study or an experiment. In a study of 375 men with a particular disease the subjects were asked about their diet.
Does the given description correspond to an observational study or an experiment?
4. Identify which type of sampling is used random systematic, convenience, stratified, or cluster.
A television station asks its viewers to call in their opinion regarding the variety of sports programming.
5. Statistic students participated in an experiment to test their ability to determine when 1 minute (or 60 seconds) has passed. The results one given below in seconds. Find the range, variance and standard deviation for the given sample data. Identify one reason why the standard deviation from this sample might not be a good estimate of the standard deviation for the population of adults.
56 64 67 58
1. It is a parameter because it comes from the entire population (all 4171 students)
2. It is continuous because 24 is measured numerically
3. it is an ...
The solution gived detailed steps on solving various questions on the basics of statistics. All concepts are shown and explained.