Please help with the following problems.
1. Describe the correlation in this graph (see graph in attachment)
2. Which of these is true for the correlation coefficient?
- its range is [-1 1]
- we use r to represent it
- we use r^2 to represent it
- both 1 and 2
- both 1 and 3
3. Indicate whether the random variable x is discrete or continuous after each statement
a) discrete or continuous: x is the exact volume of milk in each gallon container in a dairy
b) discrete or continuous: x is the number of cars driving on a major highway
c) discrete or continuous: x is the number of defective motherboards in a computer factory
Please see the attached file for full problem description.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 7:58 pm ad1c9bdddf
The answers are
1. The correlation in the graph is moderate positive
As we can use a line with positive slope (not small) to fit ...
The following posting helps with a statistics problem. This solution provides a description of correlations, correlation coefficients, and discrete/continuous random variables.