Not what you're looking for?
1. In a chi-square test, the sample data are called observed frequencies.
2. One advantage of the chi-square tests is that they can be used when the data are measured on a nominal scale.
3. A chi-square test for goodness of fit is used to evaluate a hypothesis about how a population is distributed across three categories. If the researcher uses a sample of n = 100 participants, then the chi-square test will have df = 99.
4. The chi-square test for independence requires that each individual be categorized on two separate variables.
5. For the chi-square test for goodness of fit, what is the value of df for a test with four categories and a sample of n = 100?
6. The chi-square distribution is
positively skewed, with no values less than zero.
negatively skewed, with no values greater than zero.
symmetrical, centered at a value determined by the degrees of freedom.
symmetrical, centered at a value of zero.
7. A researcher obtains a value of -8.50 for a chi-square statistic. What can you conclude because the value is negative?
the observed frequencies are consistently larger than the expected frequencies
The researcher made a mistake. The value of chi-square cannot be negative.
the expected frequencies are consistently larger than the observed frequencies
there are large differences between the observed and expected frequencies
8. A chi-square test for independence is used to evaluate the relationship between two variables. If one variable is classified into 4 categories and the other variable is classified into 2 categories, then the chi-square statistic will have
df = 6
cannot determine the value of df from the information provided
df = 3
df = 8
9. The sample data for a chi-square test are called ________.
10. In the chi-square test for independence, the null hypothesis states that
there is no relationship between the two variables being examined.
there is a relationship between the two variables being examined.
there is no difference between the two variables being examined.
there is a difference between the two variab
Purchase this Solution
Answers to Multiple choice questions from Chi-Square test is given in the answer.
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
Each question is a choice-summary multiple choice question that presents you with a statistical concept and then 4 numbered statements. You must decide which (if any) of the numbered statements is/are true as they relate to the statistical concept.
This quiz covers basic terms and definitions of statistics.
Tests knowledge of the three main measures of central tendency, including some simple calculation questions.
This quiz evaluates the students understanding of the measures of central tendency seen in statistics. This quiz is specifically designed to incorporate the measures of central tendency as they relate to psychological research.