1) Please explain The Rational-Comprehensive Model and The Incremental Model used in policy making in the United States.
2) Please give an example of The Incremental Model.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:16 am ad1c9bdddf
Hi and thank you for using BrainMass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular problem, you are being tasked by your professor to explain 3 policy making models. The idea then is to provide direct answers to the 2 questions as follows:
1. The rational-comprehensive model as displayed in U.S. policy making
2. The incremental model as displayed in U.S. policy making
Good luck with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
The Rational-Comprehensive Model
In the U.S., policy making is an important element of government function as they are the actions, resolution, policies and laws enacted by the government to resolve the issues faced by the citizenry and to ensure the protection and development of their quality of life. But making/writing them is not a one-step process - it goes through a host of stages from initial debate to ...
The solution provides a discussion of the rational-comprehensive model and the incremental model as is utilized in US policy-making, Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Public Policy Models
1. How can public policy be viewed as the "preferences and values of a governing elite"? Provide examples
2. Compare and contrast incremental and rational methods of policy making? Include examples of each model.
3. What criteria must a successful policy model include?
4. Identify three uses or lessons that can be learned from policy analysis and include an example of each use.View Full Posting Details