Please help me with the following:
1. Examine the social constructs of feeling, gender, and humor. How do these relate to the presentation of self? Provide examples that show the correlation between the influence of society and how we present ourselves.
2. How do different groups influence a person's presentation of self? Take into account the different factors of a group, such as group size, leadership, group conformity, and social diversity. You do not need to go in-depth about each, but address a few.
3. How important do you believe social interaction is in the socialization process? Examine and explain the idea of a status, and determine which one you believe is most influential in socialization. Make sure to provide rich, beneficial examples.
4. According to Macionis (2011), socialization is the process by which people learn culture and develop their human potential. How do you believe social isolation hinders the development of an individual's human potential?
5. Examine the challenges related to the evolution of formal organizations. How does the changing nature of work benefit (or hinder) the employee?
6. Identify the role of the family in the upbringing of a child, and determine its importance as a primary social group. Identify the characteristics of a secondary group and why it would be detrimental for a primary group, such as a family, to become a secondary group.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:07 am ad1c9bdddf
Hello and welcome to BrainMass!
I have provided some guidance that should help you complete this assignment below.
1. In society, most people care very much about what others think about them. No matter what the situation, it is natural for people to want to make a desirable impression on other people. This concern also motivates behavior and guides how people attempt to control their actions. Gender rules in society have a huge influence on how people present themselves. This is because gender dictates how people are supposed to act depending on whether or not they are a man or a woman. Gender construction starts with assignment for an individual to either be a man or woman. This dictates how people might look at them and form a self-concept based on society's norms. Men are expected to act and dress masculine, and women are expected to act and dress feminine. When someone breaks this norm, the people around them feel uncomfortable and form a negative opinion of the person breaking the norm.
Humor is another fine example of social constructs. This is because humor, overall, is generally unacceptable in society. For something to be funny, the person delivering the joke must find the appropriate audience in order to do so, and this audience must get the joke and not be insulted by it. Humor; therefore, influences how society perceives a person (depending on whether or not the joke was funny to them) and how this person presents themselves (as a fun person or an insulting one).
Society also influences how people display their feelings. Depending on the situation and physical location, people are either free to express themselves or feel the need to repress their feelings so that they do not look weak or emotional in public. Most people feel uncomfortable expressing feelings openly in public in fear of society casting a negative image upon them, especially men. However, in private people are more likely to express their feelings openly because they do not fear being judged by others.
2. Group interaction is a huge influence in how a person presents him or herself. This is because groups are a major agency of learning about culture and norms of society. People are influenced by groups at a very young age at home and develop a sense of self from what ...
This posting discusses various sociology questions.
International Sociology Questions
I have used several of your response from 2012 in my current Sociology class. I was wondering if you could provide me a response to the following questions.
1. Describe the schooling in India and Japan. How does it relate to the schooling children receive in the United States?
2. Compare and contrast some of the issues regarding health in the United States. Provide three examples of and create solutions on how these can be prevented/resolved.
3. Make an argument for and against the symbolic-interaction approach in schooling.
4. Examine the different types of medical care in high-income nations around the world. Describe which is most beneficial for a country with a population over 300 million. What are some solutions to the problem of healthcare?
5. In your own words, define migration. How has migration affected the population centers throughout the United States? Provide examples.
6. According to Macionis, "I = PAT, where environmental impact (I) reflects a society's population (P), its level of affluence (A), and its level of technology (T)" (2011, p. 463). In other words, the higher the population, the richer the country, and the higher level of technology, causes a greater impact upon the environment of that society. In your own words, describe the term environmental deficit, and discuss the effects a rising global population has upon the environment.