There tends to be a higher level of marital satisfaction during the first years of marriage. Reasons that may be a contributing factor to satisfaction might include similarities in a couple's roles, tasks, and experiences. Later in a marriage, there seems to be a gradual decline. Explain one problem that could occur later in a marriage. Why does this happen in a marriage? Who or what might be the contributing factor to your example?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:03 pm ad1c9bdddf
I will certainly guide you in completing your request.
You will find the following article particularly helpful in this regard:
7 Reasons You Might Have Fallen Out of Love With Your Partner by Margaret Paul, Ph.D.
She details the following causes of couples losing marital satisfaction or "falling out of love":
1. Fear Gets Triggered
2. Controlling Behaviour Takes Over
3. Underlying Narcissism Emerges
4. Conflicts Don't Get Resolved
5. Passion Diminishes
6. Losing Touch With Your Essence
She does not get into too much detail, however, she has authored a book and is able to be contacted through telephone or Skype.
Each marriage is very unique with respect to couples losing satisfaction.
I have only been married for about a year and a half, my parents have been married for 38 years, and my grandparents were married for almost 70 years.
I only state the above for reference because I have actually had an experience where I felt like I wanted to leave the marriage, my mother has had more than one experience where she wanted to leave the marriage, and I know my grandparents experienced many factors, however, they just got too tired to dwell on them.
In my situation, I accomplished quite a lot (i.e. academically, athletically, career) before I met my husband. When we met, ...
This solution will assist the student in understanding what causes marital dissatisfaction over time and why it happens.
Personality and Adjustment
1. Could you explain the U-shaped relationship found between stages of family life cycle and spouses' marital satisfaction.
2. Do you know why socio-linguist Deborah Tannen characterizes mixed-gender communication as a clash of two "cultures."
3. Please explain the age-related changed in intelligence as measured by IQ tests.View Full Posting Details