Analyze the Five Pillars of Islam.
1. Why do you think they are referred to as pillars of Islam?
2. Discuss and analyze each of these pillars and the ways that they together provide a comprehensive lifestyle and a moral/ethical framework for the varied peoples who comprise the 1.3 billion Muslims of the Umma, or religious community of the religion.
3. What comparable principles or practices does the Christian community have to "provide a comprehensive lifestyle and moral/ethical framework" for the varied peoples of Christianity?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 11:56 am ad1c9bdddf
(1) Why do you think they are referred to as pillars?
The pillars are actually duties. Muslims may have used the term because of its spiritual references. According to Takacs (2011), Islam and Christianity emerged as religions simultaneously. Thus, the Bible used the word pillars to refer to various references to God such as: God's house, or where He appears or His sayings. The Bible lists a book of pillars in the book of Proverbs (9:1).
(2) Discuss and analyze each of the pillars and why they provide a comprehensive lifestyle and a moral/ethical framework for the varied people who comprise the 1.3 billion Muslims of the Umma or religious communities.
While there are different Muslim sects and divisions, theoretically the majority of Muslims share specific principles and practices. Islam has two basic doctrines: (1) There is no god before Allah, and (2) Muhammad is his messenger. In addition, practicing Muslims commit to five pillars that include:
(1) Testimony that affirm the two basic doctrines'
(2) Prayer 5 ...
This solution provides an analysis for the five pillars of Islam.
How do the five Pillars of Islam define Islam for Muslims?
Muslims hold certain key principles in common. One of them is known as the Five Pillars of Islam, each of which plays some vital role in uniting Muslims. This is a discussion of shahada, salat, zakat, sawm and haj and how they center and impact upon the life of a Muslim.View Full Posting Details