What is the significance of Megiddo and the Jezreel Valley in end time prophecy? Provide a brief history, prophetic evidence from the Old Testament and how it relates to Revelation of the New Testament.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 5:43 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. What is the significance of Megiddo and the Jezreel Valley in end time prophecy? Provide a brief history, prophetic evidence from the Old Testament and how it relates to Revelation of the New Testament.
Megiddo and the End Times
1. One of the most prominent battlefields in the Old Testament, and what many believe will be the gathering place for the last great battle of Armageddon, Megiddo.
2. Because of its long history of military conflict, the name seems to have become symbolic of a battlefield. Such is the depiction in the book of Revelation.
3. Revelation 15 and 16 describe seven angels who pour out seven bowls of the wrath of God upon the earth. The sixth angel pours out his bowl upon the great river Euphrates, and its waters are dried up (Revelation 16:12-16), preparing the way for the coming of the "Kings of the East."
4. Also three demonic spirits go forth to cause the kings of the whole world to gather for a battle on the great day of God the Almighty (16:13-14).
5. Revelation predicts a great future war that will take place at Armageddon (Har Megiddon, the "mount of Megiddo" in Revelation 16:16). It does not take a fertile imagination to see the possibility of that great battle beginning to unfold in this place.
Significance of Megiddo and the Jezreel Valley
1. The city of Megiddo stood at the southwest edge of the plain of Esdraelon, the Greek name ...
This solution explains the significance of Megiddo and the Jezreel Valley in end time prophecy through a brief history and prophetic evidence from the Old Testament. It also explains its relationship to the Book of Revelations in the New Testament.