What are the attributes of God? Provide Scriptural evidence for at least ten attributes.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 5:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
These terms themselves aren't necessarily found in the Bible. Nor are they exhaustive. They are ways of describing what we see of God in the Bible. Some are unique to God; others are in common with humans-especially before the fall (love, veracity). These categories help us, as finite beings, understand God. These attributes are interrelated (e.g. God exercises his power in a way that's consistent with his love and justice). We err when we anthropomorphize God and also when we view God as impassive (a detached philosophical abstraction)(Xenos Christian Fellowship, 2004):
1. Omniscient (Unique): God knows all things actual or possible.(Ps. 147:5; Isa. 40:28)
2. Omnipresent (Unique): God transcends all limits of space and time.(Psa. 139:7-10)
3. Omnipotent (Unique): God can do whatever he wants to do. (Gen. 18:14; Jer. 32:17). "Almighty God" (El Shaddai)
4. Sovereign (Unique): God owns, rules, and sustains the creation. No one and nothing can thwart him from ultimately. (Gen. 14:19; Acts 17:24-28; Ps. 24:1ff) accomplishing his purposes.
5. Loving (Common):As God's love ...
This solution identifies and discusses fifteen attributes of God providing Scriptural evidence for each of these attributes.