I need some thoughts and notes on discussing the relationship between transformational and transactional leadership. Comparing and contrasting the two. Examples with current research.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:16 am ad1c9bdddf
Welcome warmly to BM! Please rate 5/5 for my notes. I deeply appreciate your business and am honored to assist you!
When briefly comparing the two, it appears as if both aim to ignite change and inspiration. Similarly, both emphasize the role of collaboration and cooperation. However, it seems like Transactional Leadership is a bit more leader-driven, as it is primarily based upon exchanges between leaders and group members, whereby the leader offers both resources and rewards in exchange for workers' motivation, productivity, goal achievements, and compliance. It also seems like Transactional Leadership is a bit more rigid as it focuses on regulatory strategies and procedures (121), as the article maintains.
In particular, the article further reiterates, "Transactional leadership focuses on the exchanges that occur between leaders and followers (Bass 1985; 1990; 2000; 2008; Burns, 1978). These exchanges allow leaders to ...
One article is presented to briefly explicate the relationship between transformational and transactional leadership in 500 words. An attempt is made to compare and contrast the two in basic terms and aims.
Contrast and compare leadership styles
Conduct a literature review of leadership approaches. These leadership approaches include traits, skills, style, and situational approaches to leadership. Analyze and synthesize the material on the leadership approaches.
- Develop an introduction on the background of each leadership approach and the purpose of the chosen article.
- Analyze all articles and describe the key themes that emerge across the seven selected articles.
- Synthesize the material and summarize the patterns of similarities and differences regarding how each of the authors has presented on each leadership approach.
- Based on your analysis of the literature, conclude by recommending a specific leadership approach you feel would be most effective for managing ethical behavior at your chosen organization. Be sure to justify your choice
- sources should be no more than 5 years old and should discuss some aspects of leadership approaches
few sources to start:
- Paulsen, N., Callan, V., Ayoko, O. & Saunders, D.(2013).Transformational leadership
and innovation in an R&D organization experiencing major change. Journal of
Organizational Change Management. http://callanconsulting.com.au/sites/default/files/report/J%20of%20Organ%20Change%20Man%202013.pdf
6 pages, APA 6th Edition.View Full Posting Details