Opinion on what similarities and differences exist between charismatic and other types of leaders?
French and Raven (1960) introduced the types of power, and looking a their original work might be helpful, so I have provided a reference for you.
The types of leaders they identified used different types of power, which are:
1. Legitimate power comes from the pecking order.
2. Reward power comes from the ability to write a pay check or give ...
In response to an inquiry about charismatic leaders, this entry describes the leadership styles identified by French and Raven and explains how charismatic power is superior to other types of power.
Influence processes and types/factors
Can you start me off with about 6 pages and I can finish it?
You have been encouraged by a colleague to write a brief article about "CEOs and presidents" for a management journal. You have decided to compare the leadership styles of three leaders: Andrea Jung, Indra Nooyi, and Brenda Barnes. Using the Library, the Internet, submit a 12-14 page paper. In your article, provide the following:
1. An introduction to the concept of influence processes
2. A summary of the various types of influence processes and the factors that can affect them
3. An analysis of the processes used by the three leaders: Andrea Jung, Indra Nooyi, and Brenda Barnes. Identify the processes that the leaders and top management team (TMT) are using to impact the organization. Use the table below to organize your answers (you can copy the table from this browser window and paste it into your Word document). Please enter into each cell in the table how that leader is using that particular influence method (if applicable).
Influence Method Andrea Jung Indra Nooyi Brenda Barnes
Allocation of resources
Selection and promotion of other leaders
(Table also on attachment)
Recent theoretical developments in leadership paradigms seem more inclined to frame leadership concepts within the context of moral philosophy, interpersonal growth and spiritual values, topics discussed in business leadership models. Some examples include transformational leadership (Burns, 1978; Bass, 1990), Servant-Leadership (Greenleaf Center, 2002), Relational Leadership (Brower, Schoorman, & Hwee, 2000) and spiritual leadership (Mitroff & Denton, 1999), and Transactional Leadership (Nahavandi, 2006).
Conduct a preliminary search of these models, and select one that resonates best with your own leadership style and one that does not resonate to your own leadership style. Using the business article collections and other credible sources, respond to the following questions regarding the model you have selected:
1. Select two and compare and contrast these two models. Discuss how these selected leadership models impact leader follower-relationships and organizational culture.
2. How is your own leadership style similar to the selected leadership model?