I am working on a qualitative study about stress in Firemen (see Attached), and I have to find and justify a sampling strategy and sample size for the qualitative research plan. Can someone help with the following questions:
- From which sampling strategy would my study benefit? What factors contribute to this decision?
- What sample size would I use for the study this study? What factors contribute to this decision?
- How would I justify using that particular sampling strategy and sample size? What Resources can be cited to support this justification? Please See Attached beginning purpose of research study
Sampling Size for Qualitative research
Factors to consider:
1. It seems that you have already access to the sample. This can inform you of your sample size. Can you access 20-25 firefighters will to participate? Access is the concern.
2. The purpose seems to be a statement about the profession of firefighters in general. Thus, generalizability may be an issue. If this is the case, then a large sample size with various population will give you more strength and power. For instance, if you can sample firefighters ...
determining an appropriate sample size for qualitative design study on firefighters and stress