Provide an example of a prejudiced attitude (the example need not reflect how you truly feel). Now, provide and discuss an example of the affective, cognitive, and behavioral components of this prejudiced attitude. Discuss if this makes sense to you or not.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:07 am ad1c9bdddf
While Brain Mass prohibits experts from directly answering assignment questions for you I will happily provide you ideas and feedback that will help you answer this question with ease.
Recently, President Obama made public comments about facing prejudice in his life due to the fact that he was a black man. He gave examples of hearing car door locks click when cars approached him on the street or people not wanting to ride the elevator with him and choosing the stairs instead. I think this is a perfect example of prejudiced attitude and how it demonstrates itself in people's affect, behavior, and cognition. Let's going through them one by one. Affective: Some people may act differently or hold a different attitude around someone of a different race. They may be more reserved at best and very rude and ...
This solutions contains a description of prejudiced attitudes affect cognitive, behavior, and affect.
Conceptual issues in Social Psychology
1. Can attitudes predict behavior?
2. Should attitudes be studied experimentally? Illustrate your answer with example.
3. Describe define, and evaluate some of the key theories of the self that have emerge in psychology?
4. Recent theoretical developments in critical psychology have rendered the concept of the self obsolete. Discuss.
5. What are the assumptions underlying the discipline of psychology?
6. Pinker (2002) has argued that the standard social science model fails. evaluate his argument using examples from across the curriculum.
7. Design a psychology degree and justify your decisions.
8. Social policy assumes a theory of human nature. Discuss.
9. Dennett (1984) questions why we want free will . Is this a legitimate question?View Full Posting Details