Consider the following scenario: A 40-year old therapist becomes attracted to a 38-year old client and soon realizes that the feelings are mutual. They discuss the situation and mutually agree to terminate therapy and to begin dating. They eventually get married.
I appreciate if you can answer sooner than 3 days and let me know ASAP if you can't make it ready. Thanks.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:21 am ad1c9bdddf
Romance and ethics in counselling
*Consider the following scenario: A 40-year old therapist becomes attracted to a 38-year old client and soon realizes that the feelings are mutual. They discuss the situation and mutually agree to terminate therapy and to begin dating. They eventually get married.
(1) In considering the dilemma in this vignette, the following sections in the American Counseling Association (ACA, 2004) that is applicable to this vignette include: ACA -- "Roles and Relationships with clients" and are paraphrased in the following summary.
-A.5.a states that a sexual or romantic counselor-client interaction or relationships is prohibited.
A.5b -sets a time limit of 5 years on therapist/client romantic relationship sexual or interactions including relations with former clients.
ACA (Sections F.3.b. and F.10) - addresses multiple relationships under the heading of "Sexual Relationships" extends this standard to include current supervisors, students, and research participants.
(2) The ...
This solution describes a specific dilemma involving a romantic relationship between the therapist and client. The standards applied to this dilemma by the ACA and CCPA ethical codes are summarized.
Consensual Relationship Agreements Case Study
The case study points to be addressed were:
1. Argue for the use of Consensual Relationship Agreements (CRAs) in your current (or future) workplace.
2. Create a counter argument against the use of CRAs in your current (or future) workplace.
3. Discuss the ethical principles involved in the use of CRAs.
4. Create at least one (1) other option besides CRAs that would address workplace romances.
The solution addresses each of these points in a paragraph of so; including three weblinks for articles supporting the various viewpoints.View Full Posting Details