I need help and suggestions to address these questions. I need help getting started.
1. Provide a comprehensive discussion about the genetic theory of crime. Your response should include twin and adoption studies, as well as the characteristics that are believed to be inherited. Compared to the other theories of crime discussed in class and in the text, how convincing is the genetic theory in your opinion?
2. What is the difference between Good Samaritan laws and Duty To Assist laws? Give an example of each.
3. Choose one of the roles of forensic psychologists you have studied in the first five units, and explain how it can be used to assist the legal system. What are the ethical obligations of the role you chose?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 6:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
By responding to the questions, this response addresses aspects of forensic psychology in relation to the legal system e.g. genetic theory of crime, good Samaritan laws vs. duty to assist laws and the role of forensic psychologist in the legal system, as well as the ethical obligations of this role. Examples are provided.
Elements of the Court System and Forensic Psychology
The element of court system includes types of courts and proceedings, personnel involved, types of adjudicative processes etc. I was asked to write three pages on the following:
• Describe the three elements of the court system you selected and the individuals connected with each.
• Then analyze and explain the relationship between forensic psychology and each element of the court system you selected.
• Finally, explain why you selected each element (e.g., what about each element interests you).
• Be specific and use the literature to justify your response.