The element of court system includes types of courts and proceedings, personnel involved, types of adjudicative processes etc. I was asked to write three pages on the following:
• Describe the three elements of the court system you selected and the individuals connected with each.
• Then analyze and explain the relationship between forensic psychology and each element of the court system you selected.
• Finally, explain why you selected each element (e.g., what about each element interests you).
• Be specific and use the literature to justify your response.
See the attached file.
In this particular task, you are being asked to show that you have come to understand certain technicalities in the practice of forensic psychology. The best way to answer this is in a Q&A format like so:
1. 3 Elements of court system & individuals - 150 words
2. Forensic psychology & elements - 150 words
3. Interest about each element - 150 words
Court Particulars: Forensic Psychology Practice
Elements of the Court System
The American Court System is adversarial. What this means is that litigants present their case to a neutral party who decide on an applicable verdict after evidence is heard. Inherited from the English judicial system, it means that an aggrieved party can take another to court and the accused can defend her/himself by arguing their positions in court within the bounds of the system and the rules of evidence. There are a number elements that make up the court system and they are as follows - Adjudication, due process, governance & infrastructure. They are further on described as follows (Florida State Court, 2013) :
Adjudication Elements - resources that directly contribute to processing cases through the court system. There are quite a number of individuals connected to adjudication including Justices/Judges, Judicial Assistants, Law Clerks and Central Staff Attorneys, General Magistrates and Hearing Officers, Senior Judges & Case Managers.
Due Process - resources that directly protect the fundamental constitutional and legal rights of court litigants. There are a number of individuals connected to the element of due process including court reporters, court interpreters as well as expert ...
The solution discusses the elements of the court system and forensic psychology.