What is the importance of obtaining informed consent for conducting research?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 11:44 am ad1c9bdddf
There are so many reasons. There are ethical reasons and legal reasons.
People need to know you are using them to conduct the research. They need to know about cofidentiality. Below is a sample confidentiality agreement.
By signing this Confidentiality Agreement I acknowledge and agree that:
1. I will not disclose or discuss any confidential information with others, including friends or family.
2. I will not in any way divulge, copy, release, sell, loan, alter or destroy any confidential information except as properly authorized.
3. I will not discuss confidential information where others can overhear the conversation. I understand that it is not acceptable to discuss confidential information even if the participant's name is not used.
4. I will not make any unauthorized transmissions, inquiries, modification or purging of confidential information.
5. I agree that my obligations under this agreement will continue after termination of the job that I will perform.
6. I understand that violation of this agreement will have legal implications.
7. I will only access or use systems or devices I'm officially authorized to access and I will not demonstrate the operation or function of systems or devices to unauthorized individuals.
Please must also know the benefits and risks of a study. The person needs to know what chances they are taking and what could happen to them. Below is a sample informed concent form that covers all the inportant reasons why a person must sign before participating.
Be sure to remove the yellow instructions on this form before you submit it to the IRB.
You are invited to take part in a research study of ____ Insert brief description of the study without using jargon. The researcher is inviting ...
The importance of obtaining informed consent for conducting research are determined.
Important Guidelines for Research Within a School
What guidelines does a researcher/psychologist need to legally follow? What are the ethical guidelines for conducting research?View Full Posting Details