This is a question from the chapter summary in my book. I do not have to know this specific answer, basically I just need to understand the concept. My midterm will have a different scenario that refers to the same concept.
I have to pretend I am part of a focus group developing practice guidelines for assessing and treating anxiety disorders. (I believe this is for children considering it is an abnormal child psych course).
What 2 things would I recommend for therapist training?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:44 am ad1c9bdddf
Anxiety is the normal and natural human response to danger, stress, or threats. This might cause the individual to feel a physical sensation of faster breathing, tense muscles and even sweaty palms. At the face of a threat, an anxiety reaction which is a physical and behavioral change automatically occurs. Anxiety disorder is one of the common mental disorders that affect children as they go through the different stages of maturing. It is important to control this disorder to ensure that the child develops in a healthy manner (National Health, 1998).
Assessing and Treating Anxiety Disorders:
The assessing of childhood anxiety disorder should be through behavior and cognitive therapy. The cognitive behavioral therapy is an effective treatment approach that is designed to focus the thoughts, images, and beliefs of the child to a different theme to reduce the anxiety levels. The children who experience anxiety disorder are always anxious experiencing symptoms for ...
This solution discusses assessing and treating anxiety disorders in children. The text contains 527 words and references.
Clinical Assessment - Mr. and Mrs. Lawson brought their 4-year-old adopted daughter, Clara, to see Dr. Mason, a psychiatrist.
Review the following scenario:
Mr. and Mrs. Lawson brought their 4-year-old adopted daughter, Clara, to see Dr. Mason, a psychiatrist. Clara was polite in greeting Dr. Mason, but did not smile and kept her gaze down as she took a seat. Mr. and Mrs. Lawson sat next to Clara and began explaining their concerns. They described Clara as a quiet child who has recently begun throwing temper tantrums, during which she is inconsolable. Her sleep and eating patterns have changed, and she no longer wants to go to preschool.
Create a brief response to each of the following questions:
Please be sure that, All key elements of the assessment are covered in a substantive way. The content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive.
* Includes an example of a central question asked during that stage
* States how the writer has sought to answer that central question
* The paper develops a central theme or idea, directed toward the appropriate audience.
* The paper links theory to relevant examples and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
* Major points are stated clearly; are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis; and are organized logically.
* The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
* The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
* The paper, including the title page, reference page, tables, and appendixes, follows APA formatting guidelines.
* Citations of original works within the body of the paper follow APA guidelines.
* The paper is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles, and white space.
Any help be be much appreciated. Thank you.View Full Posting Details