I need a Licensed Mental health Counselor to assist me with these questions. I have called a bunch of counselors to get an interview and no one seem to be available. This has to be answered by a licensed mental health counselor, not a social worker or psychologist. The person's name needs to be attached so I can use it for interview purposes. The questions are:
- Please describe your education and training to become a licensed counselor
- What licensure and other professional credentials do you have? Professional memberships?
- What drew you to the mental health counseling profession?
- What client populations do you serve as a counselor?
- What do you like most about your day-to-day professional life? What do you like the least?
- How do managed care policies impact your work?
- What advocacy activities do you engage in?
Thank you.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:02 am ad1c9bdddf
I am in the last year of a PhD program in Rehabilitation Counseling & Administration from East Carolina University (ECU). I will be graduating in December 2013. I obtained an M.S. in Clinical Counseling & Substance Abuse (2011) and gained a certificate as Certified Rehabilitation Counselor by passing the national exam (www.crccertification.com/). Upon passing the CRCC exam, this automatically made me eligible to receive my State's (NC) provisional license to practice as a provisional counselor, LPCA (www.ncblpc.org/). My coursework also allowed me to apply and receive my provisional license as a Clinical Addictions Specialist, LCAS-A (www.ncsappb.org/). Once I complete 2,000 hours while under supervision by a fully licensed counselor, I will resubmit my application and credentials to ...
The expert describes education and training for a licensed counselor. The licensure and other professional credentials is determined.
Family therapist in a mental health setting
Interviewing skills can be used in a wide variety of settings. How these skills may be applied? As a marriage and family therapist career in mind, think of a social service agency, healthcare agency, business, educational institution, or government agency that you would potentially be employed at that could make use of a counseling/clinical interview. I need notes for a 2-3 page paper:
1) Describe any organization you selected and then discuss the value and advantages of an intake interview for the organization.
2) What situation would it be used in?
3) Why would an intake or counseling interview be a good choice for this organization?
4) What ethical issues may arise in this specific situation and how could they be addressed?