Answer completely but briefly the following four questions:
1. Discuss the establishment clause and the free exercise clause and include any court cases dealing with these clauses
2. Civil liberties are at the heart of political culture in the U.S. Define civil liberties, and give six example of them. What are two controversies today surrounding specific liberty issues?
3. Define federalism. Describe in detail the events and crisis that have impacted federalism since the founding of this country. How do you see the relationship between the states and the national government today?
4. Describe the U.S. government under the Articles of Confederation, and then as designed by the constitution what as the fundametal difference with regard to the vision of what the government would look like under both plans? Be specific about the legislative, executive, and judicial branch especially.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 5:50 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. The "establishment clause" states that congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or probibiting the the free exercise thereof. And the "free exercise clause" states that all people have the freedom to exerise the religion of their choosing. Court cases range from city zoning (certain areas in the city where churches cannot be built) to anti-polygamy cases to anti-drug cases. For specific examples go to www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/freeexercise.htm
2. Civil liberities are the individual rights that are protected from infringement by government. Six examples are the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, the right to bear arms, the right to privacy, and the rights of ...
The solution is a concise guide in tackling the 4 questions (see long description) pertaining to governance and the American Government presented in the original set of questions for this academic solution. Discussing issues like civil liberties, federalism, articles of confederation and the like, it pinpoints further resources on the web that can be used in expanding the ideas it presents.