Please answer clearly and completely.
1. What is transition energy?
2. Give 3 examples of β- decay.
3. What is (β-,γ) decay, write an example.
4. Hat is isomeric transition?
5. What is a conversion electron?
6. What is (EC, γ)? Describe the decay.
7. What is electron capture?
8. Discuss positron and γ decay
9. Explain competitive (β+,EC) decay and give an example.
1. Transition energy is the amount of energy released in a nuclear decay.
2. Hydrogen-3 (tritium) decay, Carbon-14 decay, Cobalt-60 decay
3. (beta^-,gamma) decay is beta decay followed by gamma decay. An example is Pa-235 -> U-235* -> U-235.
4. An isomeric transition is a nuclear transition from a metastable state to a lower energy ...
We answer nine questions pertaining to radioactive decay.