Two protons are released from the res when they are 0.8nm apart.
1. What is the maximum speed they will reach?
2. When does this speed occur?
3. What is the maximum acceleration they will achieve?
4. When does this acceleration occur?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 10:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attachment for the complete solution.
When two protons (each of +ve charge 1.6 x 10^-19 C) are released they move away due to the repulsion. Initially they posses an Electro static Potential energy, due to which they will move away, and
2) at the infinite separation, ...
The speed of two protons 0.8nm apart is determined.