Construct an argument on one of the following:
• Should college campuses ban alcohol on campus?
• Should U.S. citizens be eating meat?
• Should the driving age be raised to 21?
List at least ten different premises that relate to the issue.
Eliminate some weak premises. Choose two premises you eliminated and explain why you eliminated them. Your explanation should be a few sentences long.
Then, construct three different arguments that pertain to the issue, each a paragraph long. It will be easy to come up with one argument for and one against the issue of your choice, but you must also come up with a third argument.
Finally, choose the argument you think represents the best critical thinking and give a paragraph explanation of why you chose it.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:48 pm ad1c9bdddf
10 premises that relate to this issue:
1. Under age drinking on on-campus
2. Alcohol poisoning
3. Intoxication at sporting events
4. Alcohol induced violence
5. Increased rates of alcoholism among college students
6. Alcohol related decreases in academic performance
7. Alcohol induced sexual assault among college students
8. Alcohol induced hazing events
9. Alcohol induced traffic accidents among students on campus
10. Alcohol induced vandalism on college campuses
I have eliminated the premise of alcohol induced hazing events, largely due to the fact that these hazing events are usually not alcohol-based. This is due to the fact that these events are usually a part of fraternity initiations, as well as athletic team initiations among students who are usually totally sober at the time. I have also eliminated intoxication at sporting events due to the fact that the majority of ...
The solution assists with constructing an argument against alcohol consumption.
War on drugs
I have to do a power point slide on the war on drugs. The thing is that the questions I have to answer are hard to find the answers too. I have looked on the internet and I am feeling that maybe I have looked over something. So I need some good pointers on this question if any body has any and or some good web sites to look at for the information I need.
War on Drugs
1. Are the current laws and policies effective? Why or Why not?
2. Are there any drawbacks to your solution?View Full Posting Details