1. A bag contains 6 purple marbles, 7 azure marbles and 10 orange marbles. What is the chance of drawing a purple marble? If a purple marble is drawn then placed back into the bag, and a second marble is drawn, what is the probability of drawing an orange marble? Give solutions exactly in reduced fraction form.
2. A mini license plate for a toy car must consist of a one digit odd number followed by two letters. Each letter must be a J or K. Repetition of letters is permitted.
* Use the counting principle to determine the number of points in the sample space.
* Construct a tree diagram to represent this situation.
* List the sample space.
* Determine the exact probability of creating a mini license plate with a J. Give solution exactly in reduced fraction form.
3. A card is selected from a standard deck of 52 playing cards. A standard deck of cards has 12 face cards and four Aces (Aces are not face cards). Find the probability of selecting
* a three, given the card is a not a face card.
* a four, given the card is not a diamond.
* a Jack given the card is not a face card.
Show step by step work. Give all solutions exactly in reduced fraction form.
4. A bag contains a total of 20 batteries, of which four are defective. Selecting two at random, without replacement, determine the probability that none of the batteries you select are good.
This solution uses the counting principle to determine the number of points in the sample space.