Solve the following problems showing your work:
i need complete answers please
1. In a poll, respondents were asked whether they had ever been in a car accident. 157 respondents indicated that they had been in a car accident and 117 respondents said that they had not been in a car accident. If one of these respondents is randomly selected, what is the probability of getting someone who has been in a car accident?
3. In a certain class of students, there are 12 boys from Wilmette, 3 girls from Kenilworth, 9 girls from Wilmette, 6 boys from Glencoe, 2 boys from Kenilworth and 6 girls from Glencoe. If the teacher calls upon a student to answer a question, what is the probability that the student will be from Kenilworth?
4. Find the probability of correctly answering the first 2 questions on a multiple choice test if random guesses are made and each question has 5 possible answers.
5. Of 1936 people who came into a blood bank to give blood, 200 people had high blood pressure. Estimate the probability that the next person who comes in to give blood will have high blood pressure.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 2:46 am ad1c9bdddf
1. From the question, we know that 157 people have been in an accident before and 117 people have not. Therefore the total respondents should be 157 + 117 = 274. Then the probability of getting someone who has been in a car accident would be 157/274 = 0.573 = 57.3%
2. The following numbers were updated by the student for this question.
108,000 128,000 82,000 138,000 85,000 108,000 88,000, 76,000 158,000 ...