Not what you're looking for?
Please help me! I am in dire need of some assistance for the following:
Archimedes and Tub History
One of the most famous events in the study of geometry involved Archimedes and a bath tub. I need help researching this history:
1. I need at least 2-3 different sources of information. To properly complete this assignment, I need the following:
• Explain the story, citing sources of information.
• Describe how the story relates to the study of geometry.4
2. In Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) document. I need 1-2 pages (please see formatting information below) explaining the story and relating it to the study of geometry. I need to cite 2-3 references from websites that are reputable (they have an ".edu" extension).
Please follow MLA formatting (Purdue Owl MLA Style Guide):
• Double spaced
• 12 pt. font
• 1" margins
• Indent paragraphs
• Include a Works Cited page (separate page, not included in the 1-2 page requirement)
Purchase this Solution
A short essay on Archimedes and Tub History is examined.
Archimedes and Tub History Essay
Archimedes is a well-known historic who is accepted to be born in 287 B.C. in Syracuse, Sicily, and died on 212 B.C. His dad was Phidias, who was a space expert. We would know more about his life if his life story, composed by his companion Hercleide, had not been lost. The data we have about Archimedes' life originates from the compositions of Plutarch, Livy, and others, and additionally from the preludes of Archimedes' works. We know from the works of Plutarch that he got some portion of his instruction at Euclid's School in Alexandria, Egypt. There he was instructed calculus, which incorporated the computations of volume. Archimedes made sense of that the volume of a sphere is 66% the volume of a cilinder that outlines the sphere (Heath, 1897). While concentrating on in Egypt, he additionally developed the Archimedes' screw. This is a pump that, when turned, conveys water from a lower level to an upper level. This pump is still utilized as a part of numerous parts of the world and most likely ...
- BSc, University of Bucharest
- MSc, Ovidius
- MSc, Stony Brook
- PhD (IP), Stony Brook
- "Thank you "
- "Thank You Chris this draft really helped me understand correlation."
- "Thanks for the prompt return. Going into the last meeting tonight before submission. "
- "Thank you for your promptness and great work. This will serve as a great guideline to assist with the completion of our project."
- "Thanks for the product. It is an excellent guideline for the group. "
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz helps you easily identify a function and test your understanding of ranges, domains , function inverses and transformations.
Some questions on probability
This is a short quiz to check your understanding of multiplication of complex numbers in rectangular form.
Understanding of how geometry applies to in real-world contexts
Each question is a choice-summary multiple choice question that will present you with a linear equation and then make 4 statements about that equation. You must determine which of the 4 statements are true (if any) in regards to the equation.