See attached for full description.
4. Decide whether the pair of lines is parallel, perpendicular, or neither.
8. Solve for x. 8x-(5x+7)=14
10. Simplify. -3[87-(-55-35)]
23. Solve using the substitution method.
30. Soybean meal is 18% protein; cornmeal is 9% protein. How many pound of each should be mixed together in order to get 360-lb mixture that is 15% protein?
34. In 1991, the life expectancy of males in a certain country was 69.7 year. In 1996, it was 72.0 years. Let E represent the life expectancy in year t and let t represent the number of years since 1991. What is the life expectancy of males in 2004?
44. The function H described by H(x)=2.75x+71.48 can be used to predict the height, in centimeters, of a woman whose humerus (the bone from the elbow to the shoulder) is x cm long. Predict the height of the woman whose humerus is 39 cm long.
46. The equation y=-1777x+27153 can be used to predict the number y of gun deaths in the United States x years after 2000, that is, x=0 corresponds to 2000, x=2 corresponds to 2002, x=6 corresponds to 2006, and so on. Predict the number of gun deaths in 2006 and 2009. In what year will the number of gun deaths be 7606?
54. Trains A and B are traveling in the same direction on parallel tracks. Train A traveling at 80 miles per hour and train B is traveling at 84 miles per hour. Train A passes a station at 9:25 A.M. If train B passes the same station at 9:55 A.M., at what time will train B catch up to train A
55. Solve. 6 > -3x + 5 or 9 <=-4x + 2
The solution shows how to set up and solve the system of equations in great detail.