(1) For the function: (see attached)
a) Give the y values for x = -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.
b) Using these points, draw a curve.
(2) For the equation , perform the following:
(a) Solve for all values of x that satisfies the equation.
(b) Graph the functions y = x and on the same graph (by plotting points if necessary). Show the points of intersection of these two graphs.
Points of intersection:
(3) A right triangle is a triangle with one angle measuring 90°. In a right triangle, the lengths of the sides are related by the Pythagorean Theorem, , where c is the length of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the 90° angle). Find the length of the hypotenuse when the other two sides' measurements are 6 feet and 8 feet.
(4) Suppose you travel north for 65 kilometers then travel east 75 kilometers. How far are you from your starting point?
(5) The volume of a cube is given by V = s3, where s is the length of a side. Find the length of a side of a cube if the Volume is 1000 cm3.
Evaluating and graphing functions and trigonometry word problems are investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented. The response received a rating of "5/5" from the student who originally posted the question.