1. Evaluate the following indefinite integrals:
2. On a dark night in 1915, a German zeppelin bomber drifts menacingly over London. The men on the ground train a spotlight on the airship, which is traveling at 90 km/hour, and at a constant altitude of 1 km. The beam of the spotlight makes an angle θ with the ground.
1. Draw a diagram of the situation.
2. When the airship is 3 kilometers from the spotlight, how fast is θ changing?
3. An electrical circuit consists of two parallel resistors, with resistances R1 and R2 respectively. The total resistance R of the circuit (measured in Ohms Ω) is specified by
Please see attachments
In these questions, we use the following formula:
(3)∫▒〖sin(t) cos(t)dt=∫▒〖sin(2t)/2 dt=sin(2t)/4+c〗〗
Assume x=cos(t), dx=-sintdt,
Therefore, ∫▒〖sin(t) cos(t)dt=∫▒〖-xdx=-x^2/2+c〗〗=-(cost)^2/2+c
(4)∫▒〖s^(1/2) ds=s^(1/2+1)/(1/2+1)+c=2/3 s^(3/2)+c〗
First, we find out the relationship between x and θ,
Then we consider x and θ are functions of t,
After this assumption, we could do derivative on both sides for equation: tan(θ)=1/x
1/R=1/R1+1/R2, when R1=80, R2=100, R=44.444
to find out the change rate for R,we consider ...
The expert evaluates indefinite integrals in calculus. A diagram is drawn for a situation.