See the attached file.
1. Find the axis of symmetry.
y = x2 + 5x - 7
2. Solve. 5(x - 2)2 = 3
3. Solve by completing the square.
x2 + 2x - 8 = 0
4. Find the x-intercepts.
y = x2 + 5x + 2
5. Is the following trinomial a perfect square? Why?
x2 + 18x + 81
6. The demand and supply equations for a certain item are given by
D = -5p + 40
S = -p2 + 30p - 8
Find the equilibrium price.
7. Solve by using the quadratic formula. 5x2 + 5x = 3
8. Find the constant term that should be added to make the following expression a perfect-square trinomial.
x2 + 7x
9. Identify the axis of symmetry, create a suitable table of values, then sketch the graph (including the axis of symmetry).
y = x2 - 4x
10. Identify the axis of symmetry, create a suitable table of values, then sketch the graph (including the axis of symmetry).
y = -x2 + 3x - 3.
Ten quadratic problems regarding solving, completing the square, intercepts, axis of symmetry and supply and demand are solved and discussed. The solution is detailed and well presented.