Simplifying and Factoring Trigonometric Expressions
Not what you're looking for? Search our solutions OR ask your own Custom question.
This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!
1. Simplify: sin^2(x)/sec^2(x)-1
2. Factor and simplify: cos^2(x)-sin^2(x)cos^2(x)
3. Perform the addition and simplify: 1/1+sinx + 1/1-sinx
4. Simplify: sec^4(x) + sec^2(x)-2© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com May 24, 2023, 12:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. sec^2(x)-1=1/cos^2(x) - 1=(1-cos^2(x))/cos^2(x)=sin^2(x)/cos^2(x) so sin^2(x)/(sec^2(x)-1)=cos^2(x).
2.We can write it as ...
This shows how to simplify a variety of trigonometric expressions.