1. Using the x, y graph plot the point
2. Give an ordered pair of numbers that satisfy the following equation:
3. For each point in the table below, decide whether it is on Line 1, Line 2, both, or neither.
(x, y) Line 1 Line 2 Both Lines Neither Line
4. Graph the line whose y-intercept is 3 and whose x-intercept is 2.
5. Graph the line.
6. Graph the line.
7. Graph the line with slope passing through the point .
8. Find the slope of the line graphed below (-3, 7) and (2, -6)
9. Graph the line
10. Graph the inequality below on the number line.
11. Find the y -intercept of the line whose equation is
12. Find the x-intercept and y-intercept of the line given by the equation
13. Find the slope of the line
14. A line passes through the point and has a slope of 3 Write an equation for this line.
15. Owners of a recreation area are filling a small pond with water. They are adding water at a rate of 35 liters per minute. There are 700 liters in the pond to start. Let W represent the amount of water in the pond (in liters), and let T represent the number of minutes that water has been added. Write an equation relating W to T, and then graph your equation using the axes below.
16. Suppose that a household's monthly water bill (in dollars) is a linear function of the amount of water the household uses (in hundreds of cubic feet, HCF). When graphed, the function gives a line with a slope of 1.75. If the monthly bill for 15 HCF is $24.01, what is the monthly bill for 11 HCF?
17. The monthly cost (in dollars) of a long-distance phone plan is a linear function of the total calling time (in minutes), as shown in the figure below. The monthly cost for 47 minutes of calls is $14.97 and the monthly cost for 100 minutes is $21.86. What is the monthly cost for 57 minutes of calls?
18. Find an equation of the line that is parallel to the line and that passes through the point .
19. The sum of two numbers is 63. The larger number is 5 more than the smaller number. What are the large number and the small number?
20. In a family there are two cars. The sum of the average miles per gallon obtained by the two cars in a particular week is 65. The first car has consumed 56 gallons during that week, and the second has consumed 25 gallons, for a total of 1325 miles driven by the two cars combined. What was the average gas mileage obtained by each of the two cars in that week?
21. A motorboat travels 595 mi in 7 hours going upstream and 484 mi in 4 hours going downstream. What is the rate of the boat in still water and what is the rate of the current?
The solution has all the correct answers with proper details. Enjoy the material and remember my name to restrict postings for me in the system. Thanks.