Please show work
1. Solve by graphing: 4x +5y = -2, 4y -x = 11
2. Write in the slope-intercept form:
y + 2/3= - (1/2)[x -( 2/5)]
3. A gun is fired straight upward. The bullet leaves the gun at 1000 ft. per sec. The equation for the bullet's velocity is v = -32 t + 1000. What is the velocity at 3 sec.?
4. Solve: y = 3x -4
x +y = 32
5. The combined population of X and Y was 25,000 in 1990. By 1995 the population of X had increased by 10%, while the population of Y had increased by 9%. If the total population increased by by 2,380 people, what was the population of each city in 1990?
6. - Solve by any method -x +2y =4 x-5y = 1
7. Solve by substitution:
2y - x = 3
x = 3y -5 x
8. Solve by addition:
7x -4y =-3, x+ 2y =3
9. Solve by substitution :
x-y =3, 3x -2y =3
10. Solve :
|x| = 2
Hello and thank you for posting your question to Brainmass!
The solution ...
This shows several examples of working with equations, including slope-intercept, solving by graphing, velocity, and solving by substitution.