2. Write in descending-exponent form, and give the degree.
x5 + 9x7 - 1
3. Find the value of the polynomial 6x - 1 when x = 3 and when x = -3.
4. Simplify. Write your answer with only positive exponents.
5. Subtract 2x - 3x2 + 5x3 from 5x3 + 4x - x2.
6. Multiply. 3xy2(5xy - 4x + 6y)
7. Multiply. (2x - 5y)(3x - y)
8. Multiply. (2m - n)2
11. Find the greatest common factor. 16b9, 24b2, 48b10
12. Factor. 12x4y3 + 16x3y3 - 20x3y4
13. Factor completely. x2 - 11x + 18
14. Factor completely. x3 + 6x2 + 5x
15. Factor by grouping. x3 - 5x2 + 2x - 10.
16. Factor completely. 15x2 - 21x + 6
17. Give an example of using polynomials in "real life" applications.
Simplifying and Factoring Expressions is investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented. The response was given a rating of "5/5" by the student who originally posted the question.